In process, Planning consent issued
Loch Ness Centre
Mixed leisure, retail and visitor attraction on the shore of Loch Ness.
Our client is the owner of Brachla Harbour on the north shore of Loch Ness. The development evolved to address a number of requirements;
- New onshore booking and embarkation facilities for Loch Cruisers.
- Restaurant and café facilities.
- High quality limited retail offer.
- Interpretive and historical exhibition space.
- Small craft launch facilities.
- Lochside access for visitors.
The development and design process, and consents process were complex and lengthy. The design evolved as a direct response to the world class setting and what will be a unique offer for visitors to Loch Ness and the Highlands. Direct access to the loch for visitors is limited and the Brachla development will enable visitors to park next to the loch and stay, view, eat, paddle, join a loch cruise and enjoy a unique location and setting. The project awaits realisation.